With your support, NENA – together with the City of Olympia and our other community partners – has accomplished much in the last year to make our neighborhood a better place to live.
This year’s accomplishments:
- Constructing a new sidewalk along Quince Street to make it safer for kids to walk to Reeves Middle School.
- Rejuvenating our association website, and the neighborhood kiosk at the SF bakery.
- Continuing our work to bust graffiti and to sustain and maintain the Joy Avenue Pathway and Edible Forest Garden, and the Mission Creek Nature Park.
- As part of the five neighborhoods in the Olympia NE Neighborhoods Alliance or ONNA (olynna.com), we also:
- Successfully advocated for the construction of a new sidewalk along 26th Avenue between Bethel Street and Gull Harbor Road to make it safer to walk to Priest Point Park. Construction is planned for summer 2019.
- Secured a Neighborhood Matching Grant to support the 8th Annual Love our Local Fest.
- Forged community partnerships to work on projects to meet the goals of the neighborhood plan including researching the possibility of a vital neighborhood center at the corner of San Francisco and Bethel streets.
How’s the board doing?
Right now your NENA Board is six souls strong. We all joined the Board because we love our neighborhood and have a commitment to serving our community. The most powerful way to make a tangible, real-world difference is to help our neighbors and to join together with others to make our community a better connected, more vital, more beautiful, and safer place to live.
In the last year, Katie Wolt and Brian Mark, who served four extraordinary years as our president, have left the Board. And two new members, Stephanie Malham and John O’Brien, have joined and brought some exciting new energy and ideas to the Board. Please consider following their lead, by reaching out to us to learn more about joining the Board or explore other ways to get involved.
Take our survey
We’re asking neighbors to complete a short survey so we can learn how to serve you better. Follow the link or scan the QR code: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K86CPDF
Show your neighborhood association some love!
To help us continue or work to improve the quality of life in your neighborhoods, we need you to show us your love by becoming a new or renewing member. Annual dues are only $15 per year. All money goes to supporting projects in your neighborhood.
Please pay your dues via PayPal (link on our website), by mail, or in person at the potluck on September 12. You can also support NENA by signing up for a ThrifteCard at Ralph’s or Bayview Thriftway. Simply list NENA as your contributing organization. Thank you for your continued support!
Your NENA Board: Amanda, Stephanie, Tom, Peter, Mike, John and Adam